Saturday, September 21, 2013

Changes in my life

Hey all!
So it's been awhile since I last updated and I did on PKU and a little about their diet. I was thinking last night about other things that would be considered important for others to know and be aware of. So I've decided to add one more thing to talk about with Asperger's Syndrome and Phenylketonuria.
Congenital Heart Disease. My paternal grandmother passed away due to congenital heart failure in February of 2011. She was and still is very important to me and someone that I admire.

Posts on this will begin soon.

I've been pretty busy working lately and updating my Red Wings blog with preseason games. If you follow that blog, another post on there will be up tonight as the Red Wings take on the Bruins at the Joe Louis Arena.

I've decided it has come time for me to leave the gas station. I haven't officially put in my notice...I'm waiting until my manager comes back from vacation. It's looking like I will be done there in mid-October. I will be working full time for my dad and it will bring less stress and better schedule.

I don't feel like I'm moving anywhere within the company at the gas station. I was supposed to be covering for my manager while she is on vacation, but the higher ups wanted someone else instead of me and I'm tired of waiting around for an opportunity when it feels like excuse after excuse is being made as to why I can't at that time. Although it hasn't been said, I feel like very, very few people really has any faith in what I can do and how I can handle management. Nobody will ever know unless they give me the chance to show and that's not available to me.

So I spoke with my dad about fulltime and he finally has enough for me to do. He needs me more than the gas station does and I know that he will appreciate the hard work that I will be putting into my job with him. At the gas station, there is a salary cap that a cashier can make and I have reached that and have no other way of making more money than moving up.

The sermon my pastor gave last Sunday reminds me of this situation. He was talking about how when your back is against the wall and all options are exhausted, you just gotta move on. I really feel that this applies to me right now. I don't want to be stuck in a job that I make so little with so much stress and bullcrap that I have to put up with.

This is probably one of the best moves for me to do, no matter how hard it will be. I've never quit a job before. I got fired before, yes. But I have never voluntarily walked away from a job. Almost 2 and a half years with a job, knowing that I'm one of her best workers, knowing that she appreciates me...that's what's going to make it hard to do. But I know my manager will understand. She knows being a cashier is not a career.

I'm a single mom. I have to do what is best for my son and I.

Remember to always smile and I hope you are looking forward to my next post! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment