Saturday, November 9, 2013

Make your dreams a reality..

So yes, I pretty much suck at keeping a blog. I always get tired, busy, or just plain forget. I always make these promises about a new post about this at this date and it just never happens. If I still have any readers at this point, I'm sorry for lack of postings!

I will try, and I really mean TRY, to stay on top of these postings. This goes for my Red Wings blog as well.

So years ago, I used to write all these different stories, yet never finished any. And these stories, I thought, were pretty damn good for a middle school and early high school writer. I always had these ideas that came to mind so often that I couldn't just stick to a story at a time.
It came so easy to me because I always based my characters on me and my friends and family, and created these storylines that I honestly wished were true. In just about all of the stories, the main character (based on me) would always have either a big brother or a twin brother.

I have always wanted a brother my age. Sure, I have a brother. He's my baby brother and I wouldn't trade him for any other brother. But, I wish I had someone to "protect" me. Who would beat the crap out of any guy who dared to hurt me. So I always penned myself with one.

Nowadays, I can't write for anything. No ideas just flow to my mind like they used to. My life has changed so much since then, what with having a child. Since I always based my characters around the people in my life, I find it hard to write about a woman with a child and can't bring myself to write one without a child.

I was on my way with my dad to a Red Wings game this past Thursday and was thinking about what I want in my life. What would my dream future be? I have finally figured out what I want to do in a career and what my dream job would be. I want to major in sports management and minor in marketing. Working with the Red a Wings would be my ULTIMATE dream job, though I would be happy just working with any hockey team. 

This is where my story writing comes in. I have finally found a storyline that I could see myself actually finishing with a real ending. 

I could write about my dream future. I could write about doing my dream job working with a hockey team and falling in love with a hockey player who would my son just as much as he would love me. 

Is it far fetched? Maybe. But aren't most dreams out there? It doesn't mean it's impossible. 

Who knows? With all my research about working with a hockey team and other areas if research, it might become a stepping stone to reality. 

Thanks for reading my long rant. Maybe I will be post some excerpts from my story. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment