Thursday, November 21, 2013

Opportunities abound!

So lately I have been stressed with my money situation. About a month and half ago, I had to move out of my friends house and back into my apartment for financial reasons. It's a bitter sweet thing, but I really miss seeing my friend as much and the adult companionship. I've been working on paying off what I owe her and many other people and bills.

I gave up some hours at the gas station to work more for my dad at a better pay, but that didn't work out and I couldn't fully get my old hours at the gas station back. So my paychecks have been significantly less than what it was before.
Because of this, I had decided to find a third, yes THIRD, job.

I applied for a delivery driver job at Jimmy Johns through craigslist and really didn't expect anything to come of it. I don't usually have good luck when it comes to applying for and passing interviews. So I was surprised to get an interview. 
When the interview came, I did less than my best to be quite honest. I thought I was doing poorly, until she noticed my mother'a ring and asked about it. I told her about my son and we went on to converse about how I am a single mother  with no help from his father and that u worked two other jobs and lived on my own.
She seemed to like me and noticed I have a hard working ethic and gave me a menu to study for a quiz to get the job.
I studied for a week and had the quiz this past Tuesday.
I passed with a 97%!

I was offered the job and was given a set schedule that included no weekends and no nights! It also helped get me to where I needed to be to afford all my bills and expenses and paying people off!

Well before this, I had contacted the subway owner of the subways with our gas station company and asked about an opportunity to be a subway manager. She was also my previous District Manager and I had spoken with her about being a gas station manager before and nothing came of it. So I also thought nothing would come from the subway management either.

I was wrong. 

Yesterday, she spoke with my manager and asked what she recommended and the subway manager at the one in our store (she would be training me), told me the subway DM would like me to work a few days at Subway and see how I like it and then if I do, we would talk about Subway Management.

To be honest again, I haven't prayed much about it, and right now I feel I should. I would really like to know which way God would like me to go. 

I feel so blessed to have these opportunities and I feel like things are finally going to start going a little smoother! 

I hope every one has a blessed day and remember to smile!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment