Thursday, November 21, 2013

I need this

I was talking to my mom about the possibility of me working for subway as a manager tonight and everything she said pointed to,
"I don't think you can do it."

Even though she didn't say those words exactly, I know that's what she meant. She always tries to deter me from trying to be in management. She doesn't seem like she believes in me. And I need her to. I need to her support in this..she's the one helping with my son. 

I don't WANT three jobs forever. This is a great opportunity to help me get and stay on my feet.

She just doesn't think I know what it takes to be a manager. Really. Because she knows everything that I know and think.
I have been in a management position when I was 19, almost 20. I was too young for it and couldn't handle it then. That was 3 years ago. I'm 23 now and have learned so much more since then. I have been placed in situations where I was acting manager, and at the gas station, I'm pretty much just like the assistant manager.

I am also a VERY observant person when it comes to people. I notice the little things that most would overlook. I also watch a lot. I watch our subway manager  do her work at times. I am just interested in how things work and yeah, I'm pretty nosy. I will admit it. 

But when people tell me that there is more to this or that than I think, it instantly angers me. Nobody but God and I know what I think, feel, see, and know.

And right now, I just need support to take a HUGE step in bettering my son's and mine lives. 

Is it so hard for someone to just support me? Nobody else seems to.

No comments:

Post a Comment