Thursday, July 16, 2015

July 16, 2015

So it's been two months since my last post and a few things have changed in my life.
Thanks to a friend, I was introduced to such a great guy.
We have known each other for almost a month now and have started dating, and I really could not be happier.
Kaiden just absolutely adores him and loves spending time at his house and with him and his daughter. She is just such a sweetheart and those two together have so much fun. We went to the beach the other day and the two brave souls went into the colder than I would like water. But they had a great time. :)
He treats me very well so far and for the first time in a relationship, I have no doubts or worries.
Yes, I am quite aware of some concerns that others may have, but really, this is mine and Kaiden's lives. If Kaiden wasn't at all comfortable around him, I wouldn't be in a relationship with him. Kaiden interacts very well with him and it warms my heart to see.

Also, there are concerns about how long I have known him before jumping into a relationship. Really. it's nobody's business. The amount of time that we spend together is literally like 75% talking about anything and everything and 25% watching movies. Spending time with my son and his daughter is constantly and consistently there. He doesn't have his daughter 100% of the time, and my sister is wonderful and babysits Kaiden a few times, but otherwise, Kaiden is almost always with me.

It's not the quantity that counts, it's the quality. We both feel like we have known each other for years.

And for once, my family actually likes a boyfriend of mine! Even my dad thinks he's okay. He likes that he has a job, a car, and his own place. The interactions between him and my father have been pleasant and even with some laughter! My father hasn't had one bad thing to say about him yet, and really it's rare.

As with a new relationship and one that actually seems to have legs to stand on, unlike my past flop of relationships, I had been on cloud 9 I guess you can say. Yeah, at first he became a huge constant in my life and I was talking about him all the time to anybody and everybody and yeah I have made people annoyed by how much and yeah it was affecting my work a bit, but that phase has passed. I'm back to focusing on work at work and such.

All in all, I'm so much happier. He helps me see the best in myself, comforts me when I'm down instead of kicking at me, and supports me in an emotional way that I haven't had before.
He's really a great guy, and I can't wait until people actually trust me and sees for themselves as well.

He wants to start going to my church Sunday mornings as well as me attending his Sunday nights.
Hopefully that can get worked out because I'm itching to get back. :)


Well, that's a little update I have. I'm sorry it took a couple of months. My next one won't be that far away.

Have a great day, everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment