Wednesday, September 17, 2014

September 17, 2014

So I gotta say, I don't really have much to complain about right now.

My son is healthy. He did have to have a necessary medical procedure done that I almost postponed but sooo glad that I did not. At the end of July, we got the mole head that was on his back removed. The doctor's office sent it off for a biopsy and some days later, I got a call that there were abnormalities and needed to come back and get the root of the mole and area removed. I didn't fully understand what was going on. I made the appointment and it was for yesterday. I was debating on calling and rescheduled but went in anyways. That's where the doctor told me that part of the mole was showing that cells were dividing and that they were worried it would become malignant and so they wanted to get it before it got that far.
Horrible experience for Kaiden. Right from the numbing part, he was a trainwreck. It broke my heart to watch him go through that and all I could do was hold his hand and talk to him to try and keep his attention off his back.
He is to be out of school yesterday until tomorrow so my whole day off was spent with my little man. His stitches look good, although he's being too active than I would like for him and I have to constantly remind him not to be too much or his stitches will start bleeding.
I mean, you try telling a five year old boy to stop running and playing around.
However, I'm glad to say that he is healthy. That's the first and foremost concern of mine.

Work is going quite well. I am now training for an Associate Management position with Fazoli's. This is such a blessing for me, as it's higher pay, more hours, and allows me to have only one job. I have not had just one job in over 3 years. It feels absolutely amazing and ultimately allows me to spend more time with my son. Something I wish I had when he was younger. This is such a big step in the direction I want to be going in and I have no one more to thank than God Himself. Without Him, I would be no where near this well.

With my sister living with me, she has gone above and beyond what she really had to do to help me get caught back up in bills and rent. I will finally be able to pay rent on time this month...the first in quite a few. Thankfully, my apartments have been patient and worked with me.
If you want money from me, that's the best thing to be. Patient. I pay back first those who understand my situations and are patient with me. This job promotion helps me get my debt behind me and look towards a brighter future.

I'm not in the best place yet, but I will get there. My son and I...we will make it just great.

No comments:

Post a Comment