Thursday, January 1, 2015

January 1, 2015

It's so weird to type 2015. I can't even really begin to believe that it's already another year.
I know some people try to come up with New Year's Resolutions and try to stick with them...but that usually doesn't work.
So I have some actual goals that I want to achieve this year. I feel they are all possible.

  • Grow closer to God. I want to build a foundation and be able to just entirely and completely trust Him to know what's best for me and guide me in the way He wants me to go.
  • Have at least 1 movie night with Kaiden and no distractions of electronics. This can be a theater movie or just a movie that we pop into the Xbox and watch on the bed. 
  • Have a nightly routine. Right now, there is no rhyme and reason to the running of my home. Mostly, my sister and I are either on the computer or phone and Kaiden is usually watching TV, although not all the time. We need to establish and actual routine that will help Kaiden and I have a better sleeping schedule and more consistency.
  • Get bills caught up and current. We are almost there, but not quite. Now that Christmas is out of the way, it can be done quicker. 
  • Stick to chores and have a cleaner home. This is one that needs a lot of work but I do feel that it can be done.
  • Pay off all debt, except student loans. Just pay student loans when due. 
  • Eat and drink healthier than I do now. I certainly don't eat as much as I used to, but I still eat a bit.
  • Get to a healthier weight. According to the BMI, I'm considered obese for my height. I want to get into the healthy range.
  • Have more self confidence.
  • Love more and hate less.
  • Let go of the past and everyone in it. I still hold on to some painful memories and it makes me bitter to a point. I need to let go of them and leave them in the past. 
  • Get back into school. I don't know exactly what I want to do yet. It's going to take a bit of researching and finding out more about myself. But I don't want to be a manager at a fast food restaurant for my entire life. 
  • Get Kaiden into sports. He really wants to play hockey but he needs to learn how to skate first. He also wants to play soccer and I want to get him into baseball. 
 I feel like each and every thing is in reach. Some will take more time and more effort to achieve, but with the determination and dedication, I feel that I can do it. I will have days where I just don't even want to try...and that's okay. Just can't make a habit of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment