Thursday, December 19, 2013

Updates and a look back on 2013.

Hey everyone!
I know, like always, it's been a little while since my last blog post. And, as always, I have been just a tad busy. I am happy to say that I have been working for Jimmy Johns for 4 weeks now and I am finally loving it! I wasn't so sure at first, because to be honest, I don't like being the new person who knows nothing! I was literally scared of the phones because I didn't feel like I knew the menu well enough to be able to take the phone orders and would do whatever I could to avoid them. Nobody showed me how to prep my deliveries either. The in-shoppers always did it so I didn't really know. But, I have finally gotten a hang of how things work around there. Even on Monday, I just grabbed a phone when it rang and, for bragging rights, I did AMAZING! My manager was happy. On Tuesday, I grabbed the first phone call and when I hung up, another phone rang, then again, then again, and it was to the point where my manager had to tell me to stay away from the phones! Haha, and she also gave me a compliment and said that she'd been listening to me on the phones and that I totally rock. :)
So I am comfortable there now and finally got out of my shyness a bit and starting to ask questions without feeling stupid.

Although things are going well with Jimmy Johns, I am still going to try for Subway management through the company I work for at the gas station. I had talked with the Subway owner and the District Manager of our Subways and we are going to have me try a couple of days at Subway and see how I like it. If I do, we will proceed on with a formal interview and figure things out and hopefully continue on to training for management. I am very excited and feel like I am at the right place this time with management wants. I am not doing it just for the money anymore like I was before.

So 2013 has been an interesting year I would have to say. Although it's not over yet, I'd like to take a little look on the year so far and point out the most significant events to me.

- Kaiden turned 4 years old and not really a toddler anymore.
- Kaiden started PRESCHOOL!
- TWO of my best friends got engaged and married this year! A congratulations to Chrissy and Dave Southern (8-3-13), and Stephanie and AJ Parks (12-13-13). :) I love you guys!!!
- Another one of my best friends got engaged. Taylor!
- An adorable baby cousin was born on my late grandmother's birthday and shares the same name as my son. :) My cousin's name is Kaiden Scot Roest and was born on 7-30-2013. He is such a precious little boy and I adore him so!

I mean, these events were the most important ones for me. They may be insignificant to others or others may not hold such events as these that happen to their friends or family as important as I do. But I love my friends and family and am very happy when such events happen for them!

Well, it's back to work for me. Hopefully soon I will have a computer so I can update more often, the app on my phone is kind of hard to work with.

If I don't post again before Christmas, I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment