Thursday, August 21, 2014

August 21, 2014

It is 5 in the morning on my day off and I'm wide awake.

I woke up to my baby having laid his head on my chest and laying sprawled out sideways on the bed, my arm around him and hand laying on his stomach and his hand holding mine. It was so cute and I didn't want to move.

But the thing that woke me up in the first place made me move. I felt like I was going to throw up.
I know the cause of it.
Cramps. Major cramps. :(

So blindly I got up and was hoping that was able to get some relief...but no. Unfortunately, I have no idea where the bag of tums that my sister has are, and I was not about to wake her up this early to ask for them.

So, hopefully ibuprofen kicks in and I'm able to maybe take a nap today. Although, I really shouldn't because I work technically tomorrow and I know I probably wouldn't be able to sleep.


So. Moving on.

Yesterday was a lot of fun. It was the first day of two that I would have off in a row from work and I was just plain excited.
I dropped Syd off at work after she got the phone call about her second job.
I had decided to keep Kaiden home from daycare yesterday to spend the whole day with me because he doesn't get those very often. We hung out with Steph for about an hour and half, then took her to work.
I got a call from my dad who asked if I still wanted to drive to Coke like I told him I would a few days ago. So I got to drive his white old truck that I hadn't drove since that time five years ago when I still had my permit and drove through rush hour traffic in Chicago. I was to bring an extremely heavy forklift battery from a warehouse he deals with to the Coke factory in Paw Paw. That's about an hourish trip on the highway. Well, the guy who put the battery in the trunk put it at the edge of the trunk, like an inch from the tailgate. That freaked me out. I was so scared I was going to have to slam on the brakes anytime and have that battery move more than an inch and bust through the tailgate into another car and just create a huge mess. So I was that annoying truck going 55-60 on the highway. I kept saying prayers to God to just let me get to the factory with no problems. And He did. Thank goodness. I was so happy to get that battery off the truck.
So then I drop the battery off, but had to go down the street and pick up an attachment from another place of business that my dad deals with. There, I had to talk to a very rude lady who was giving me a huge attitude it seemed, just for asking her if I could talk to the guy that my dad told me to talk to.
"He's VERY busy at the moment."
Well, so am I.
But thankfully it wasn't more than a few minutes before I was able to talk to him and get the attachment and get on my way. That thing weighed A LOT less than the battery and I made sure the guy put it as far back as he could! I was not about to have another drive back where I am gripping the wheel and being so nervous. I like to drive while being relaxed. My only issue with it was that it was blocking my view out the back windows, but I am used to that from driving his work vans that have no windows in the back anyways.
So I get back to the shop where I had left my car with just starting to grind brakes. I came back to brand new brakes in the front, but my tires were found to be really bad in the back. I just had new tires put in the front in February. So all I am thinking is, "$$$$$$$." But, I have a very wonderful father and uncle, who I am extremely grateful for.
I get back home and pick up Sydney, we do a little needed cleaning, then we went over to my parents to swim. I wanna say that we spent about an hour or two in the pool. It started off with just my son, Syd, brother, and I. Then, my mom came out for a bit...although before that she was claiming how COLD the water was. At 86*. Really, Mom?
She got out shortly, but a little bit after that, Gabby came in. Then my dad got home and came in the pool where we played Chicken in teams of Syd and I vs. Gabby and Dad. Syd and I won. :)
Then we played Marco Polo.
It was a lot of fun.
After getting out, we dried off and my dad went to go pick up pizza and Syd, Max, Gabby, and I sat at the dining room table and played Trashcan with a deck of cards. Max won. Dad sat down during the game to watch. Afterwards, we all played Go Fish, including Dad.
And honestly, it was just a great day. :) Very fun family bonding time.

Have I ever said just how good it is to have Sydney home again. :) <3

Speaking of, Syd and I have to seriously consider where we are going to live in December. My lease is up then, but they are wanting $30 more on the new lease contract. It's starting to get a little too expensive for me. Now, I realize I have cheaper rent for a 2 bed room now than I would find around here...but as my rent is getting higher, the space I pay rent for is not getting larger.
I would rather pay more rent elsewhere for more space. My dollar per square footage. That's what I'm looking at now. So we have a few months, but need to start looking now.

Well, that's all I've got to say for now.
My stomach is feeling a little bit better, but I don't know if I can get to sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment