Friday, July 11, 2014

July 11, 2014

#VentPost

Being still new at Fazoli's, I am certainly no master at drive-thru.
But I mean honestly...it's not hard to provide great customer service at the window.

Last night and tonight when I went through the Wendy's across the street from where I live, I had very poor customer service.
Tonight, I didn't stay. She was rude from the get-go and I didn't appreciate it one bit so I left and went to McDonald's instead. Honestly, I was just getting drinks for my son and I. We were thirsty and had nothing in my house to drink except tap water and that's just gross.

When working drive-thru:
-Welcome them to or thank them for choosing your restaurant. I say, "Thank you for choosing Fazoli's, what can I get for ya?"
-When they are done placing their order, repeat the order back to them to make sure you got their order the exact way they wanted. If all is okay, tell them their total. I say, "So that's one baked spaghetti combo with a side salad with ranch dressing, a small coke. That will come with two breadsticks, does that sound correct to you? (wait for reply) That will be $10.71 (or something) at the window. (In an upbeat tone of voice)
-If they are paying with a credit/debit card, ask if they want their receipt.
-Hand them their order as promptly and careful as you can.
-Be courteous and tell them to have a good day.

Like I said, I'm certainly not a master at it. I stumble with my words at times, I'm not always completely knowledgable about everything on our menu, and I still need help at times.
But I do make sure that I provide the best customer service that I can.

So now, my expectations for all the drive-thrus I go through are very much heightened.
Most customers love when you provide excellent customer service.
If you can't wait on me with a smile, maybe you should think about a different line of work.
Don't make it obvious that you hate your job.

#VentOver

No comments:

Post a Comment