Saturday, July 12, 2014

July 12, 2014

Okay, so I know that the day has barely started and that just put a post up a couple of hours ago.
But this one is important to me.

The 90's. My childhood.
They mean sooo much to me.
I wouldn't change a single thing.
Not one little thing.
I loved it.
The 90's just rocked.
The best music. The best TV shows.
Maybe not the best clothes, haha.

What sparked all of this memory trip to my childhood...
One of the closest cousins I had growing up is getting today.
And I just think to myself...where did the time go?!
Seems like just a little bit ago that Jessica and I were spending time with our grandparents. We were probably about Kaiden's age...maybe a little bit older. There was this time we were staying the night and went to a nearby park and fed the ducks. I think one of us was scared to feed them...not sure for certain. I mean, that was almost 20 years ago. (Typing the sentence just made me just shake my head in disbelief that we are getting so old.) That night, we slept in our grandparents' living room. I remember white and a huge grandfather clock.

Jessica used to wear her hair in pigtails.
I wore my hair in a ponytail.
She's the closest cousin I have to my age.

Then as we got older, two of our cousins, her, and I used to make up dances to Spice Girls.

There is just so much.

I regret that we grew apart during our teen years and young adult life.

Even if we aren't close anymore...I can't wait to see her and family on her amazing day.

She will look so beautiful. :)

I love you, Jessie! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment