Sunday, May 18, 2014

May 18, 2014.

By the end of two weeks from now, I would have worked a month without a day off.
The hardest is actually these next two weeks when my gas station manager is on vacation for a surgery and recovery. I am taking her early hours and will be pulling a few 14 hour days between all three jobs.
But, I need to do this.

Fazoli's is getting better for me.
My first night was on their busiest night of the year and the managers were all too busy to train. I understood that, but the way one of them was making me feel was just ridiculous. Yes, too busy to train, but please don't make me feel in the way. Obviously if it's my first day, I know absolutely nothing about how things are done there. I spent pretty much what felt like 2-3 hours doing dishes.
Bending over for that long hurt my back. Having an epidural when I was in labor with my son has had lasting effects in my lower back and really doesn't take that much to get the pain going.

The next morning, I opened with one of my best friends, Steph. She trained the crap out of me on prepping for the day. I felt a little better when I was actually learning something. Then the same manager who made me feel unwanted there the night before came back that day with an attitude about something she really didn't even know about.

The next night, I was working with the GM and showed a little bit of what is called the bake table. However, the night was going slow and he sent me home early.

The couple of days I worked after that was with Steph and learned more and more.
Steph, you are an amazing manager. I'm not just saying that because we are best friends...I'm saying that because it's true.
She actually has trained me and most of what I know now.
Last night was probably the best day I had there. I felt like I knew most of what I was doing and it felt so good. I don't like not knowing how to do things, feeling in the way, and feeling useless when I can't help do anything.

Now that I have an idea of what I'm doing...I can't wait to work tonight. I do enjoy working there when I know what I'm doing.

Until then...I'm going to be lounging on my bed and relaxing as much as I can before tomorrow morning, my first of the few 14 hour days.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment