Monday, May 19, 2014

May 19, 2014

I feel old.

My baby brother is going to be 14 a week from tomorrow.
One of my best friend's youngest brother is now in his 20's and has a child.
The same friend's oldest nephew is turning 15 this year and I have known that boy since he was a toddler!
MY own child is 5.
FIVE.

That means that in 9 days, it will have been FIVE years since I graduated high school.
I'm only going to be 24 this year, but I feel old.
I know it's all a part of growing up.
You grow up and then you see the people younger than you grow up.
My younger sister is married.
She is 19.
My cousin is getting married.
She's 23.
My best friend is married.
She's 22.

I just can't believe that I'm at that age where my peers are getting engaged and married and having kids.
I accept it.
It just makes me feel old.

No comments:

Post a Comment