Thursday, August 1, 2013

August 1, 2013

Hello all!
Today started with me actually being very lazy. I slept in, which felt so great, and just laid in bed for another 45 minutes after waking up. I finally got up to get ready for work and dropped my Kaiden off at my parents' house and headed to my dad's shop. It is honestly quite boring here sometimes. It can get kind of lonely. There is my dad's secretary and I enjoy talking with her...but then I never get stuff done. Today, my goal is trying to tackle the task of organizing the parts room, writing orders for parts, labeling more things, and trying to get rid of a mess of filters in the shop area that my dad has been bugging me about for over a month now.

Pretty exciting stuff, yeah?

Part of my job for my dad is to make sure my Grandpa has his pills. Today, I went to go fill a new weeks worth and found him sleeping in bed just a little before 11am. This is kind of unusual for him...and has me a little worried. He is currently in a nursing home since he can't exactly take care of himself entirely. He is one of their most independent residents and does not need much assisting, but needs enough assisting that he can no longer live by himself and take of his own self.

Two years ago, his wife of 50 years passed away. She was wonderful woman! She was very much loved by everyone she has come into contact with. A very Christianly lady who loved everyone and always saw the best in all. Her funeral brought many, many people and I miss her so incredibly much each and everyday. If I miss her this much, I can't imagine how much Grandpa misses her. She was the love of his life.

I could honestly go on and on about my Grandmother and all that she has done...but that will just have to be a post in the future.

She would have turned 80 years old two days ago on July 30.
<3

Later!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment