Saturday, August 17, 2013

Testing my patience.

Hey all!

So after yesterday...I really believe that God was testing my patience. Anybody that really knows me knows that I have just about no patience at all. I absolutely hate waiting and I absolutely hate being bored.

Well...I was straight bored for about 5 hours yesterday, seeing as how I was stuck on the side of the highway because of a blown tire in my dad's work van. I was coming back from Chicago with a really expensive rotator for a forklift and some forks. Going 70-80 miles per hour, I am lucky that I was able to control the van and move to the side of the highway with no other damage done to the van, other cars, or myself.
Unfortunately, I moved to the wrong side of the highway. Since I was passing people in the left lane, that's where the tire blew so I moved to the median.
Then my dad called a local tire company (since I was an hour south from home), he told them it was an emergency and they said they were hurrying. Well it had gotten to be an hour and my dad had given me the phone number to call them and so I did. They told me there was a call ahead of me and that it would be another hour/hour and half before they got out there.
Mind you, I'm in a hot van with no A/C, no water...just warm pop. I was also wearing black sweatpants because I thought it was going to be a cooler day. I was wrong.
So I'm sitting there already for two and half hours before the tire company FINALLY shows. They put the tire on, and then we went to check the mileage. T
The battery was dead.
Frick.
Tire guy doesn't have jumper cables, the van didn't have jumper cables. So my dad called his mechanic that was a half hour away from me and he came with his jumper box. Still had to wait there another 45ish minutes.
The jumper box didn't work and he had no cables.
You can probably imagine that by this time, my dad is angry, and I was crying.
I just wanted to go home.
Well, Doug and I went to get a new battery. And that got installed in the van and I was finally on my way after 5 hours.

So I fully believe God was testing my patience. Not that I had much a choice really. But still.

So that's an update on me right now. I have to get off and get ready for work. I got a short Saturday shift that an hour of it is taken up by the store meeting. So that will make it go by faster. Not to mention I have one other person with me at the whole time.
I have tomorrow off. I will be going to church, then home to clean. So I'm sure there will be at least one post on the Asperger's and one post on PKU.

So everyone remember to smile! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment